Saturday 15 April 2017

Music is a moral Law - Plato


I love music because it's good for me. It lifts my darkness and depression. It reminds me of others and is a source of nourishment and inspiration. When life is terrible, It is mostly cathartic, and picks me up , though what  some  people do to music can be bad for your soul,  but generally music itself is good and does not require moderation. I have deep respect for it. It is good for weekdays, the weekend, holidays, Sundays, cloudy days, sunny days, fast days, slow days, work or play, alone or in the company of friends, it is integral to the human experience , mostly therapeutic,that over the years has released hours of pleasure and comfort , boosting mood, happiness, and reducing anxiety.A powerful tool that has much healing capacity. Indeed I am looking forward to enjoying some live music this weekend, at  two local music venues here in Cardigan, tonight  the  wonderful psychedelica of  Sendelica and Here and Now down the Cellar Bar, and  tomorrow the folk music of Ida Wenøe and Gareth Bonello (The Gentle Good)   down the small world theatre, come and join me come say hello.

“Music is a moral law.
It gives soul to the universe,
wings to the mind,
flight to the imagination,
a charm to sadness,
gaiety and life to everything.
It is the essence of order
and lends to all that is good
and just and beautiful.”


-plato

2 comments: