Saturday 30 January 2016

Musical Heroes


( will end the month with this poem, released last night at my monthly  Cellar Bards  meet,  a response to  people who have moved my world. These people are not flawless though, I do not worship them , but their voices have carried me  through lifes struggles, and continue to impact on my days.)

Musical inspiration
has rippled through my days,
in summertime and the coldness of winter
waiting for springs return,
old heroes keep drifting by
intoxicating my world with their senses,
wild in imagination
flickers of light that keep on shining
high above forever flying.

Sounds released 
give me a glimpse of yesterday,
a glance of tomorrow
alpha moving with Omega,
playing leap frog in the rain
earth beats keep on swinging,
the end is never quite finished
as another day unfolds.

Musical heroes keep on giving
refusing to go  gently in the night.
signals and currents
endlessly captivating,
voices strong that never disappear
so thank you,John Coltrane, Gil Scot Heron,
Bessie Smith, Woody Guthrie
Joe Strummer, Lemmy,
Billy Holliday, David Bowie,
fellow astronauts
travelling upon oceans of sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment