Sunday 14 December 2014

Waiting for the Great leap forward

Oxford academic Danny Dorling recently  observed a remarkable and disturbing phenononem. Last years the world's richest 1%  owned 41% of the world's wealth. What bloody century are we living in? Pinched myself, yes it's the 21st, but it gets even worse. This year alone the richest 1% owned 48% of total wealth. That's an increase of just 7% in just one year.
If this is to continue for say another  7 years,  this would mean that the 1% would earn 100% of the world's wealth. Crazy. It does not take an economist to point out  that it's just not possible. 
Dorling concluded therefore that in the next 7 years something is going to happen. No one can tell what, but I have a few ideas. It is clear  that if things continue as they are, something seismic is going to happen. Hope people are pushing in the direction I want it to go.
Waiting for the great leap forward.

http://www.counterfire.org/articles/analysis/17567-is-russell-brand-right-do-we-need-a-revolution



4 comments:

  1. Hello there, I found your web site by the use of
    Google whilst looking for a comparable matter, your website got here up,
    it seems to be good. I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

    Hello there, simply became alert to your weblog via Google, and
    found that it is really informative. I'm going to watch out for brussels.
    I'll appreciate in case you continue this in future. Numerous other folks will
    likely be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this
    blog. I really hope to see the same high-grade blog posts by you later on as well.
    In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my own, personal blog now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey very interesting blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about http://cosmostate.com. Regards

    ReplyDelete